Candles should only be burned for up to 4 hours at a time. Burning candles for longer than the suggested burn time can cause the candle glass to overheat. Exceeding the recommended candle burn time will also cause your wick to begin to mushroom (the curling and black mounds at the top of our wick) which will cause the candle to burn hotter than regular temperature. Be aware that an overheated candle glass can sometimes cause the glass to weaken and possibly crack. This is why candles should never be left unattended or burnt on a surface that is not fire resistant.
Trimming your candle wicks to 1/4” before relighting will allow the candle to burn at a safe temperature. Not trimming the wick before relighting could cause debris to fall into your wax. If this occurs, please make sure to remove any debris before relighting your candle.
Soot can occur if you have done one of the following:
-Burnt the candle longer than the recommended time frame of up to 4hrs at a time
-Left the wick longer than 1/4 inch and continued to burn the candle for an extended period of time-Allowed debris/dirt/dust to build up in your wax prior to relighting
Candles create a memory so if you are burning it in short periods of time it will begin to tunnel (leaving residue around the sides and wasted wax and fragrance). If you burn initially for up to 4 hours or until you achieve an even wax pool (the top layer is completely liquid or as close as possible) the candle memory will continue to burn like so, throughout the remainder of your jar.
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more assistance.
Copyright © 2023 Just 4 Love - All Rights Reserved.